Top 5 Things to Look For When Hiring a Fence Company
When Looking for a fence contractor in Los Angeles it’s important to do these 5 things before handing over a deposit check.
1. Does the fence contractor us quality materials? It is very important that when getting an estimate they are using top quality materials. Simply choosing the cheapest quote may not be in your best interest. As the old saying goes, "you get what you pay for”. Too many times clients will call us to redo a poorly constructed fence or gate that was made using low quality material. Always ask what kind of wood or material they are using and do your research. Spending an hour researching materials may save you a lot of time and money in the long run.
2. Is the company friendly? While this may seem like common sense it is important that the company be friendly from start to finish, not just when they collect money. As a client you may have questions about the installation process and they should be knowledgeable and patient, not pushy or annoyed. Their are many fence companies in Los Angeles, if you don’t like the way you are being treated, find a new one.
3. Make sure that the fence contractor responds to you in a timely manner. Whether it’s a quote they had promised you or an email, making sure they are responding to you in a timely manner is key. If they can’t respond to your email then what makes you think they will be able to finish your fence in a reasonable timeframe.
4. Make sure not to pay too much for your deposit. Often times clients are asked to pay upwards of 50-100% of the payment before the beginning of the project. Don’t! The deposit should be between 10-30% of the total cost. While not common, many times clients are scammed and a red flag is if you are asked to pay a large upfront deposit.
5. Go over the project in detail. Many times clients will be rushed through the sales process and may not get what they where hoping for. A patient fence company will walk through the project before installation and answer any questions for the client. Be sure you understand the materials that will be used, where posts will be installed and that the design is agreed upon. Having a firm start and end date is important too.
We hope these tips have helped you and give you a better idea of what to look for when shopping for your next fence contractor. Feel free to browse through the website to get ideas for your next Wood, Wrought Iron, Chain Link or Vinyl Fence project. Give us a call to get a free quote for your project!